Iron Mountain Transportation Coordinator in Newark, California
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
This role is responsible for enabling an efficient day-to-day Transportation operation by supporting the Transportation Supervisor and couriers through route staffing, courier training, information gathering, absentee coverage and communication.
Essential Function :
• Overseeing and scheduling the day to day activities of transportation employees.
• Frequent communication with Management team regarding status and logistics of deliveries/pick ups to ensure quality service is provided to our customers.
• Assist management team in the supervision of transportation personnel.
• Ensure all deliveries/pick ups are done efficiently, specific customer requests or concerns are communicated to all transportation employees.
• Ensure adherence to all security and operational procedures.
• Other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company and the customer base.
• A High School Degree is required.
• 1+ years experience in a transportation-related lead or dispatching role.
• Driving experience, which includes customer processing, route delivery procedures and basic security and operational procedures.
• Understanding of DOT requirements.
• Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment, cases, metal containers, or boxes in excess of 40-70 lbs.
• A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The ideal applicant will have current exp. in transportation-related lead or dispatching role. At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
to complete required training within the allotted time frame
Every Iron Mountain employee has an obligation to promptly report issues and violations.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Iron Mountain Canada is an employer broadly committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes all people. Globally, we believe it is our diversity that contributes to our companies’ shared success. We work hard always to avoid discriminating on any grounds other than capability to perform the requirements of the job.
Iron Mountain complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Requisition # 2018-19883