Iron Mountain HGV2 Driver/Art Handler in London, United Kingdom
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
Art Handling Specialists/Drivers are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during onsite projects. This is a varying role where the candidate will be warehouse based as well as driving, predominantly based at our Iron Mountain- Crozier Fine Arts facility within Park Royal, London. Flexibility to tasks and a keen willingness to learn new skills is absolutely essential.
· Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
· Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
· Plan the organization and packing of trucks to ensure utmost safety of objects during transit
Safely operate company vehicle and transport artwork to locations in and around the UK and Europe.
· Maintain compliance at all times
· Perform all required truck inspections
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
· Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design (advantageous)
· Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials (advantageous)
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
· Strong attention to detail, discretion and commitment during all required tasks
· Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
· Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
· 2 + years driving experience within the fine arts transportation or specialized removals industry would be a particular advantage for this position
Knowledge of EU driving legislation and tachograph rules.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Physical Requirements: lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 50lbs on their own.
Please note that flexibility in working hours will be required in line with the business needs.
Utilization of Time and Equipment:
5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licences & Certifications Required: Must have valid HGV2 licence as well as DQC (Full CPC) and a Digital Tachograph.
Category: Transportation Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Value at https://www.ironmountain.com/about-us/values s at https://www.ironmountain.com/about-us/values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com . See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.