Iron Mountain Art Transportation Specialist -CDL-A in Landover, Maryland
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
As a trusted partner to our clients there is a requirement that our Mountaineers must be vaccinated.
● Handle and move packaged and unpackaged artworks
● Wrap and pack with designated techniques, materials, and crates
● Install/de-install artworks during onsite and in-house projects using designated techniques and tools
● Load/unload trucks to ensure stable and secure cargo for safe transit
● Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
● Complete daily forms, and document status and scope of work in progress
● Organize and maintain operational tools and materials
● Act as liaison while onsite between clients and company management
● Safely operate handling and vehicle equipment to transport artwork
● Perform all required vehicle inspections
● Carry out minor vehicle maintenance
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
● Associate’s ’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
● Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design
● Demonstrated knowledge of industry tools and materials (boxcutter, power drill, hammer, tape measure, level, and other common carpentry tools)
● Communicates clearly to clients and coworkers
● Detail oriented: thorough, organized, accurate and productive in work
● Must be a team player, actively contributes to complete tasks and projects
● Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
● 1 + years driving experience within the fine arts transportation or specialized removals industry
● Must be able to safely operate 26-ft box truck, at minimum
● Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License required
● Clean personal and previous employment and driving record
● Able to travel to regional locations for onsite work
● Must be willing to work flexible hours based on the needs of the project
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS Physical Requirements: lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 50lbs on their own.
Travel Requirements: Local 90% Overnight 10% Utilization of Time and Equipment: 5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone 95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
Licenses & Certifications Required: Must have valid driver’s license / CDL -A required
Qualifications: Minimum Education: High School Degree Minimum Experience:1 Year Relevant Experience Preferred Education:
4-Year College Degree
Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Category: Transportation Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE